Allen & Heath SQ-5 mixing desk
SQ-5 is from the high quality yet affordable SQ range of Allen & Heath digital mixing desks. A companion to the dLive flagship series of mixing desks, the SQ range share the same core DSP technology.
The result is an excellent sounding, very capable and flexible mixer for the live sound environment. A 48 channel mixing desk in a compact 19" format.
Dry hire rates...
SQ5 mixing desk: £65.00 day / £195.00 week +VAT
SQ5 + Stage Box: £80.00 day / £240.00 week +VAT
Desk plus dLive DX32 Expander stage box with 24 analogue inputs and 8 analogue outputs (can be configured with AES in / out if required).
SQ5 + Stage Mix: £90.00 day / £270.00 week +VAT
As Stage Box option plus WiFi pack for MixPad or Mix4You apps running on your own device(s).
Trade Account Holders' discount available up to 40%
Features and specifications
- Inputs: 16 mic / line-level on XLR, 3 stereo line-level inputs on jack / mini-jack
- Outputs: 12 on XLR, plus stereo AES on XLR
- DX32 and DX32 Expander Units also available to add further I/O capacity with even higher quality dLive series input preamps, e.g. used as a Stage Box
- 16 fader strips across 6 pages / layers, each fully assignable to any input channel or mix / bus
- Separate dedicated master mix fader strip
- Up to 48 system inputs supported (mic level, line level or networked)
- 12 stereo mixes, plus 3 stereo matrix mixes, plus main Left & Right
- 8 stereo effects engines ('RackExtra') with dedicated returns (they don't use up input channels)
- Individual 28-band graphic EQ plus 4 band parametric EQ for all mixes
Allen & Heath SQ-5 On Tour with Nina Nesbitt
- Native 96kHz digital audio sampling & processing
- 7" Touchscreen with tap / swipe / drag / drop gestures, plus dedicated rotary controls for channel processing
- Class-leading low-latency: less than 0.7ms from input XLR to mix
- All inputs have compressor, gate, and high-pass plus 4-band parametric EQ processing
- Fader strip LCD custom labelling plus colour choice
- 'Chromatic Channel Metering' using LED colour and brightness levels to show input signal levels from -72dB to +18dB
- Multitrack recording and playback via USB port to USB media or PC. Up to 32 inputs and outputs can be recorded and played back e.g. for backing tracks or virtual soundchecks
- Automatic Mic Mixing (AMM) facility to help workflow in multiple-microphone conferences and panels - two sets of up to 24 inputs or one set of up to 48 inputs
- 8 assignable DCA Groups plus 8 assignable Mute Groups
- 8 assignable 'SoftKeys' e.g. for Mute Groups or delay FX Tap-Tempo
- Remote control via free SQ MixPad app
- Up to 8 instances of SQ4You, the personal monitor mix app. Let the band control their own mixes while you concentrate on Front of House
- SLink audio data link (CAT5/6): e.g. link to Allen & Heath DX32 or GX4816 Expander Units, or Allen & Heath dLive mixing system as a monitor desk for split duties with FOH desk arrangement.
- Supports the Allen & Heath ME-1 and ME-500 Personal Mixing System units (via SLink port)
- Dante audio networking option also available from Mainline - please enquire.
- Dimensions: 440mm W x 514.9mm D x 198mm H (17.3" x 20.3"x 7.8")
- Weight: 10.5kg (23.1lbs)
Other information & media
Allen & Heath SQ-5 On Tour with Soilwork
One of the SQ 'How To' series of instructional videos
Please contact us to hire an Allen & Heath SQ-5 (SQ5) mixing desk. We serve Manchester, the North West and UK Mainland.