Allen & Heath dLive mixing desk
Dry hire rate example: £280.00 day / £840.00 week +VAT (S5000 Surface plus DM48 MixRack)
Trade Account Holders' discount available up to 40%
dLive is the flagship range of Allen & Heath mixing desks. A&H have drawn on many years of experience and their success with other digital mixer ranges. The result is a world-class sound console, designed mainly for the live music environment.
Features and specifications
- Basic dLive comprises an S5000 Surface console and DM48 MixRack stage box
- 28 Fader strips arranged in 3 banks across 6 pages / layers, giving 168 fader strips
- Fader strips are fully assignable to any input or mix
- Up to 128 input / output ports (depending on MixRack and Expander Unit)
- DM48 MixRack features 48 mic. / line inputs with high qality preamps, plus 24 line outputs, all on XLR
- DX32 and GX4816 Expander Units also available to add further I/O capacity.
dLive on tour: Jared Daly with Bring Me The Horizon
The dLive system uses the well-proven arrangement of a mixing 'Surface' and separate stage box 'MixRack', linked using a tour-grade data cable instead of a heavy analogue multicore.
Desk layout and workflow is intuitive and clear. Touchscreen usability is excellent, with swipe and pinch-zoom gesture familiarity from mobile phone and tablet technology. The touchscreens are bright too, a notorious problem on digital desk displays at outdoor festivals when the sun actually shines. The build quality is also superb, designed to withstand the rigors of touring.
dLive is available from Mainline with Dante networking: we have JoeCo Dante multi-track recording available to hire.
A MixRack can be controlled from a notebook / laptop without needing a Surface 'desk'. This can be a handy configuration in smaller venues where space is very limited. The Director software also allows show programming offline away from the desk.
- Fader strips are all fully assignable to any channel input or output bus / mix
- Fader strip colours and labelling are customisable
- Dual 12" touchscreens with pinch / zoom / swipe / drag / drop gestures
- Dual-redundant mains power supplies
- Dual-redundant gigabit data link (CAT 5) supported between Surface and MixRack
- Native 96kHz 24bit sampling and DSP engine
- Very low latency: less than 0.6ms MixRack input XLR to MixRack output XLR, or input to mix
- 16 main FX bus returns, 64 bus mix architecture
- All inputs have compressor, gate, and parametric EQ FX
- All inputs can have FX inserts without using up main FX bus slots
- Individual 28 band EQ for all mixes
- Mic / line-level / AES inputs and line / AES outputs also available at the Surface
- Gigabit data link (CAT 5) links Surface to the MixRack stagebox
- Dante network enabled
- Massively flexible and customisable
- USB stereo record and playback facility
- MixRack can be controlled with a Notebook / Laptop PC instead of a Surface
Manufacturer's information & media
Allen & Heath dLive promotional video
dLive on tour: Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeros
dLive on tour: Steve Pattison with Wet Wet Wet
Please contact us to hire an Allen & Heath dLive mixing desk. We serve Manchester, the North West and UK Mainland.